Elizabeth stood in the endless
queue. The last thing she remembered was
dying, but fortunately the memory wasn’t too clear.
She appeared to be in a tunnel lined
with gold. It looked vaguely Egyptian to
her, an impression that was confirmed when she turned a corner and saw a set of
scales. On one side was a feather. She saw a god she recognised as Anubis
weighing the hearts of those in front of her on the scale while Thoth recorded
the results.
Finally it was her turn. Anubis reached an ethereal hand into her
chest, and came out empty handed.
“Where’s your heart?” He asked.
“I see no jars with you.”
“I’m an organ donor,” Elizabeth
said, proudly. "I gave all of my organs away."
Anubis and Thoth looked at one
another, then at the length of the queue behind her.
“We’ll let you through this time,”
said Anubis, after a moment of silence. He looked disgruntled. “But next time, you really need to bring it
with you.”

No comments:
Post a Comment