Monday, 6 October 2014

The After Lives of Lydia Montmorency

I hate my body.

I really hate my body.

It's not in bad shape, I guess.  Comparatively speaking.  I'm thinner than I've been in years.  This new diet - hahaha - is the first one I've ever been able to stick to.  Funny that.  I've stopped bothering with make-up, though.  And fashion.  Any interest I had in fashion has long since fallen by the wayside.

"When's the last time you washed your hair?" I ask myself.  Rhetorical question.

I sigh, and float through a wall so I don't have to look at myself any more.  Stupid body.  Despite this part of me having long since evacuated that shell, I still feel attached.  We would resemble sisters, I suspect, if there were anyone who could see both of us.

I stuck my head back through the wall.  My body looks over at me.  Like a dog.

"Come on," I say to my own rotting carcass, with a sigh.  "Let's go get you some brains."

No comments: