Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Marvellous to Me OR Pun Intended

Imagine if Pietro Maximoff
And Lorna Dane got together.
It'd be like
"You can't hit me, I'm too fast
Can you imagine standing behind the slow guy at the atm forever?
You remind me of my dad".

Or pretend Colossus and Kitty Pryde
Made it work together, or tried
It'd be like
"All my strength can't hold you
You slip through my tightest grip
You get through my defences like no one else
Maybe we're better apart".

And it's like
I'm sorry I ran
I'm sorry I couldn't catch you
I'm sorry I tried to keep you
But you're marvellous to me.

Gambit and Rogue tried to work it out
Though Remy couldn't touch her and she -
She'd kill him if he got too close
Like you're killing me.
So, baring a miracle, maybe -

Maybe we should just stay fiction.

And it's like
I'm sorry I wanted to touch you
When you kept warning me "no"
I'm sorry I couldn't leave you
When you warned me, and told me to go
Don't you know?
You're marvellous to me
You've always been
Marvellous to me.

This little fragment might fit in somewhere too;

you asked me to look you in the eye
but I'm like cyclops without his visor
you don't want that,
trust me

No comments: